Belcaro

Belcaro

 

History

 

The neighborhood gets its name from the mansion of Lawrence C. Phipps (1862-1958) who was a United States Senator who represented Colorado from 1919-1931. Phipps chose “Belcaro” as the name of the mansion, yet today it is more commonly known as thePhipps Mansion. Phipps developed much of the neighborhood, and today it is dominated by many large ranch-style houses on large lots and tree-lined streets. A large gated community called the Polo Grounds occupies a section of the northern part of the neighborhood.

 

The content relating to real estate for sale in this Web site comes in part from the Internet Data eXchange ("IDX") program of METROLIST, INC., DBA RECOLORADO® Real estate listings held by brokers other than Devonshire are marked with the IDX Logo. This information is being provided for the consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any other purpose. All information subject to change and should be independently verified.

© 2011-2020 REcolorado® - All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer